Thursday, February 26, 2009

Have you ever....

My current job brought me back to Minnesota in the fall of 2003 and the first thing I did in the first October weekend was running around Lake Calhoun once.

Then came winter and I kept my running schedule around Calhoun in a few weekends. It was so peaceful just to watch a white frozen lake. There were times I had the wild thoughts of crossing the lake with my boots on. Well, I chicken out.

Yeap, I was chicken out again in 2005.

I made a breakthrough in 2006. No, I didn't cross the lake, but I had my boots on walking a hundred yards out on Lake Calhoun to watch the Pond Hockey Tournament.

The winter of 2007 was too warm, even some white swans resisted migration and stayed on the open water instead. So it was a no go again.

The winter of 2008? What was my excuse again? I was too busy... what else could be better than that.

How about 2009? Well, you'll find out from the video, it's a mission accomplished, baby!


No comments:

Post a Comment